TRANSPORT

>> Wednesday, December 16, 2009


My first ride on a motorbike… lets just say…was a total exercise in surrender. We were on back roads riding with short sleeves and no helmets, narrowly avoiding cows, wild dogs, pigs, children, not to mention various types of other vehicles. On choppy semi paved streets, the sound of random horns filling the air, every turn seemed a new jungle path. And with every moment I knew I was relinquishing control. I didn’t know where we were or where we were going. And there where no signs leading the way.

Riding behind my guide I realized I had 3 choices: hold him tightly, grab the handle behind me or raise my arms to the sky… I made certain to try all 3.

5 comments:

JOHN MOSBY December 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Drive/ride carefully!

Zac December 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

Don't get bugs stuck in your teef!

YiFamily December 22, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Crazy stuff. Be safe out there.

JOHN MOSBY January 6, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

Great pic (all working okay, now?)

Soulistic Static January 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

All safe and sound and picture-ful

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP