Changing States

>> Friday, December 4, 2009



Today I am leaving home to go home: LAX to Berlin.

And moving from one space to another can be tricky for lots of reasons. Travel can often be equal parts adventure and stress because that’s what you’re doing: changing states. Water to Ice. Liquid to Solid. Hot to Cold. And it’s rapid. I think that’s part of whats going on here in the airport. I’m watching how different people deal with this. And it applies to so many things- moving from one mindset, place, set of ideas into another. Just like any other change in life only faster. We do this in our worlds all the time as we grow but it can be downright painful. Change is uncomfortable. And everyone reacts in their own way. I think the trick is to to get really good at the fact that it is the only real constant.


I have had the gift of seeing so many loves on this trip. I got to look them in the eyes, put my arms around them, share our hearts and stories. And as I sit here in the airport terminal waiting to board my flight back to Berlin, I realize that there is no need to search the world for what is already mine.

I am loved.

But I am out there exploring now, experimenting with my life in order to meet myself. I am changing states regularly in order to become comfortable with change. I am pushing out my borders literally and figuratively in an effort, a flow, a longing to finally find a way to truly love myself.

3 comments:

Zac December 5, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

You've consistently grown to understand me more and more, and this post kind of shows that.

Love yah! :*

YiFamily December 5, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

How great it was to see you! You're such a beautiful person, inside & out. We all had a great time visiting with you.
Steph ;)

Ryan December 7, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

From one state to another: MWAH!!!!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP