COCONUT

>> Wednesday, December 16, 2009


I awoke this morning inside a coconut. A large thatch covered round hut complete with running water and a mosquito net surrounding the bed. The sound of the crashing waves just paces away coupled with the dancing light filtered through the palms that shown through the open door created a peaceful sort of trance that made me question not only my will but also my need to hurry anywhere.

Ever.

But my breakfast was waiting outside. Fresh fruits, musli, bread with honey and fresh hot chai. The watermelon juice a deep color of sienna the likes of which I had never seen. And as the sweet guitar music flows through the window, I believe I have spotted my hammock- the home of my hopeful afternoon nap.

I think Im going to like this “work”.

4 comments:

Ryan December 19, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

What an incredible morning! What an incredible opportunity. I'm thinking about you and wishing you a wonderful experience...keep it cool, daddy-o! Love.

Oh, and send us pictures!!!

JOHN MOSBY December 20, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

I second, third and fourth that. Pictures ASAP!

Soulistic Static December 20, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Didnt bring my usb cord for upload (or my camera charger)- cuz Im silly!! But I promise to post pics as soon as Im back in Berlin! ;-)

YiFamily December 20, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

Sounds amazing! Enjoy.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP