Open to celebrate

>> Monday, July 20, 2009

So Im walking around my neighborhood on the 4th day of birthday and I walk past an apartment just as some guy is coming out of it. We notice each other and both nod. He then says something in german and I explain that I dont speak it. We walk a bit more. 


On the same pace on the same road, I realize that we are quite by accident walking together. He switches to english to ask me where I am from. We chit chat a bit until we reach the end of the street. " So now I am going this way, and you are going that way," he says, "may I call you sometime so we can walk again?" So I said "sure" and we exchanged phone numbers.

That night he calls me to see if I would like to grab some food. Hey why not- its day #4 of my birthday!? I met him at the restaurant called Yogi Haus. I had seen it while walking around my neighborhood and it looked like a cool little spot. He arrives, we talk, we eat, we laugh. He is African but his native language is French and after 16 years here he is also fluent in German. So when all of a sudden the waiter brings sparklers and champagne, my new friend sang happy birthday to me in 3 languages.


Birthday magic a la Berlin.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP