Inspiration

>> Thursday, June 4, 2009

I had an idea. I asked my LA friends, the ones I saw in my last few days there, to write me something to remember. One of them wrote, “Here’s to finding whatever it is we’re all looking for.”

And I sat with the question: What are we looking for?

Lots of people would answer this in lots of ways. But I think, at the heart of it, we are all looking for inspiration. For a reason to get up in the morning. For a reason to embrace being human.  For a reason to celebrate our lives. 

And inspiration comes in many forms. It can be as simple as the smile of a stranger and as complex as the vision of a lifelong dream. But I think the key is being available. The key is emptying yourself of all the bullshit that binds. It’s about letting go of all the lies that we have adopted throughout our journey that we use to explain why things don’t work, why things aren’t possible. Because they are just that. Lies. Because it’s all possible. And when you find yourself in a life in which you no longer recognize yourself, its very sane to make a change. I mean really, what could be more insane than fighting to stay in a life that you don’t love?

I woke up this morning at 5am as the sun came beaming through my still un-curtained window. And as tired as I was, I couldn’t curse the day. I was glad to be in it and glad to be alive. Here, in this day, in this time, in this city, I am truly inspired.

3 comments:

Li-Jay June 4, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

I needed to read your post today....It inspired me and cheered me up. Thank you. :-)

Soulistic Static June 5, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

Oh, that does my heart so much good! Thank you for reading!

Joey Alleyne (Connect) June 6, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

This is so inspirational. I am honored to be a part of such an artistic endeavor

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP