The Hunt

>> Friday, October 23, 2009


How does one maintain inspiration? I don't think its really natural to feel filled with a fire and passion for life 24/7. And if it is, it seems a lot of us are doing something wrong.

Everywhere I am, I am still with me. Thats the funny part about Berlin. Im stuck with myself. All my bad habits, self doubt and fears are here, with me, just manifesting in a new and exotic form. A change of pace can be invigorating and somewhat glamorous. It is sometimes vital. But now I just want direction. So, In a effort to turn the kaleidoscope upside down I have decided to do a couple things:

1) Find a reason to celebrate myself: to say "tadah!" aloud daily.
2) Choose some heros.

Trying to be open minded, I have shut off what I am truly drawn to. I have made myself moderately neutral and basically uninformed about most things I care about. Running around in some weird "should be doing" daze, I have been missing my life, spreading myself very thin between all the possibilities of my potential...

Its total bull.

I have been telling myself its OK for a long time not to get too deep into anything. I justify my decent into neutrality in order to become more understanding and therefore more understood. But in the mean time, I have been drifting further from myself. I dont have a favorite author, a favorite director, a favorite color. And its not about the choices because I know they will continually change. But its about the choosing them, giving myself the right and permission to love. Things. Concepts. People. And ultimately, myself.

And so right now, I need a job. I need an apartment. But most of all I need a hero.

Im on the hunt.

5 comments:

YiFamily October 24, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Thanks for keeping us all updated. We really enjoy reading your blog. Believe in yourself, you're an amazing girl!

CeLeNa :-} October 26, 2009 at 2:36 AM  

I can understand the need for a hereo. i have found however i need to save myself,and i a pretty damn good person.alot no most of that is because of your inspiration! you are so full of life and everything is has to offer. so in search of your hereo,remember you have long been mine. I LOVE YOU :)

Ryan October 26, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

I love the seeker in you!

Anonymous October 26, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

I have to agree with the above. Sometimes the hardest thing is to be your own hero. Let others inspire you but saving yourself will be the most gratifying. Miss you and can't wait to see you.

Unknown October 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

happy hunting :)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP