Flee Market

>> Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prenzlauerberg has an outdoor fair when the weather is good. And the very second that this place is in view, I know it is unlike anything else. I wandered down the green to a stadium type area made of stone. The crowd was cheering and laughing. Some seated, some dancing. I was pleased to find that it was simply an impromptu gathering of enthusiastic audience members and random karaoke singers. Just standing there. Singing their hearts out. For better or worse, they didn't care. And what did they get in return for their honesty? Total support.
I wandered through the flee market. Everything from tribal art to war fatigues to dirty naked statues to frying pans abounded. Folk art. CDs. T-shirts and handmade hats. The espresso pot that I wanted was zwolf euros (thats 12 ;-) so I decided to buy some food instead.
I wonder as I sit here and write if all the people around, young and old, know that they are changing my life...
Bratwurst: 2 Euros
Ein Berliner Bier: 2 Euros and 50
Listening to the Dj spin soft tunes as I sit half a world away from my birthplace and feel totally at home:
Priceless.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP