Resistance

>> Saturday, March 14, 2009

I spent some time crying today. Im not confused. Just scared. Scared of what? Now thats the thing I cant quite figure out. I am 100% sure that I need to do this- this crazy going to Berlin thing is exactly what I need to do next.  And I know I have felt this way before. Its a terror that can sometimes be downright incapacitating. That anxiousness toward the unknown whenever a big change is on the way. I used to call it fear but now it has another name...


"Like a magnetized needle floating on the surface of oil, Resistance will unfailingly point to true North- meaning that calling or action it most wants to stop us from doing. 
We can use this. We can use it as our compass. We can navigate by Resistance, letting it guide us to that calling or action that we must follow before all others.
Rule of thumb: The more important a call or action is to our souls evolution, the more Resistance we will feel towards pursuing it. 

Resistance obstructs movement only from a lower sphere to a higher. It kicks in when we seek to pursue a calling in the arts, launch an innovative enterprise, or evolve to a higher station morally, ethically or spiritually. 
So if you are in Calcutta working with the Mother Teresa foundation and you're thinking about bolting to launch a career in telemarketing... relax. Resistance will give you a free pass."

~The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. 

I remember a couple days before I flew to Berlin for the film festival I freaked out a little bit. It was just a 2 week trip but I didnt want to go. Scratch that, I was afraid to go. I knew it was the a good thing. A great kind of adventure during a good time in my life for one. But I had this crazy feeling about it. Somewhere deep down, I knew that if I went, I would never be the same. 

Change is hard. Growing sucks sometimes. And anyone who tells you differently is selling something. It is anything but comfortable. But much like working out, I know its that good kind of hurt. No pain, no gain- or something like that. Deep down I know that this is actually a good sign. My friend Zac called it. Sometimes we need people who will do that for us. Allow us to have our feelings but urge us to press on. Im lucky to have that especially today. Thank you Zac.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP