Berlin-aversary

>> Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Its my Anniversary. Me and Berlin met 2 years ago. And I remember in the few days before my flight having this scary, full feeling.  A huge anxiety was collecting and looming in my belly. I had already bought my ticket. The trip was planned and everything was ready to go, but I remember thinking about canceling. Really considering it. I had this feeling that if I went, everything was going to change.

And it did.

What is it about a new place-new experience that allows you to ask questions? Somehow, no matter how old you are, if you are somewhere new, you are entitled to discovery. That is probably my favorite part of Berlin so far, the freedom I have experienced even and especially in my own mind.

So if you are thinking about going somewhere, doing something different and you are afraid....I cant possibly recommend it enough. Sometimes fear is an excellent indicator of what's vital. Sometimes its a kind of "True North" to point in the direction you should go. It separates the fact the and fiction and boils it down to pure instinct. Because when you do it, when you come face to face with that thing you feared most, you discover who you really are.



1 comments:

Ann February 9, 2011 at 7:09 PM  

Happy Berlin-aversary! It's my blog-iversary today (3 years for me!)

Glad you're still having fun in Berlin!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP