Peace Problems

>> Sunday, June 6, 2010


So Im having this little problem with enlightenment.

As I type these words I know that my confusion no doubt lies in my lack thereof. Any enlightened person would probably tell me that. Or tell you that about me. "She is just struggling because she is not yet very evolved." But right now Im ok with that. I am where I am. THIS is my road. And THIS is my place on the road. I can not be anywhere else.

So I asked a guru the other day for guidance. I told him I was looking for peace. I realize that its not as though its lost or I will find it hiding somewhere, under a rock or perhaps behind some gorgeous mountain covered in lush landscaping and happy dancing hippie folks. I realize that peace is not the problem, its me. But Im still searching, working, trying to find a way to be able to rest inside for more than just these fleeting moments I find. I asked him and this is what he said:

"There is no road to peace. Peace IS the road"

At first I let it in. I took the words and let them swim around. Marinate a bit in my highly seasoned mind. Then I tried to let my heart have its turn. Spend some time with the concept, just feeling my way through it. What does it mean and what is the deeper truth...

Beat.

It eats itself!

It reminds me of school. When I was a kid and I didnt know how to spell a word, I would ask and they would tell me to look it up in the dictionary. How in the world can I do that when I dont know how to spell it?

Chicken or Egg?

I understand that Jesus spoke in parables so that everyone could get what they needed out of it, but this is rediculous! I hate cannibalistic concepts!

I wonder if past this frustration there is a way on the other side to understand this and explain it to normal people? I mean, seriously. I want to be free!

5 comments:

Ryan June 7, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

I think it's the same difference between destination and destiny. Everything is destiny because we constantly travel towards it. Eddie Izzard said something about it, but I can't recall it right now. Miss you, love you, I wish you peace on your journey.

Zac June 7, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

Here's your guru. Study him carefully.

JOHN MOSBY June 13, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

"I wonder if past this frustration there is a way on the other side to understand this and explain it to normal people?"

Seriously. Do we actually KNOW any NORMAL people???

:)

Soulistic Static June 15, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

ryan: I feel you.
zac: that is THE best guru evar!
john: nope. good point.

Anonymous January 9, 2011 at 5:34 AM  

The moment you stop looking for peace you have found it...

Hope this doesn't eat itself in your head Shaleah.

Ciao, El Capitano
(you know how we "met")

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP